Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

The Logical Song - Supertramp

This is the story of all of us, who go from the wonder of discovering the world through our own eyes, to being told by teachers, relatives and adults in general, that actually the world 'is' this or that way, and you'll be discarded as a radical, childish, illogical and liberal, to say the least, if you take another view of the world. 
Do you relate to this song?

Listen to the Song and fill in the Gaps




The Logical Song by Supertramp



When I was young, it seemed that life was so __________,

a _________, it was beautiful, _________
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily,

__________, ___________, watching me
But then they send me away to teach me how to be ___________,

__________, responsible, _________
And they showed me a world where I could be so ___________,

__________, intellectual, __________


There are times when all the world's ________
The questions run too ______ for _______________ (3 words) man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've __________
I know it sounds absurd but please tell me who I am

I said now, __________ what you say,

now we're calling you a ________,

a _________, fanatical, _________

Won't you sign up your name,

we'd like to feel you're ____________,

____________, presentable, ___________

But at night, when all the world's __________
The questions run so _________ for ________________ (3 words) man
Won't you please (Won't you tell me),

(You can tell me what) please tell me what we've _______ (Can you hear me?)
I know it ________ absurd, (Won't you help me) please tell me who I am,

who I am, who I am, who I am
But I'm thinking so _________
Did you call, one two three four
It's getting ___________


And this other version if you didn't manage to understand the words. It's a bit slower, so easier to catch the gaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and share your ideas!