Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Speaking Exam Sample


We're now in the run-up to your final exam... so it's time you started getting ready. 

I'll tell you in class all about how to avoid making the same mistakes as in February, for the sake of your final results, and so you can go on to NA1 next year.

One of the things I strongly advise is to prepare your presentation topics and record yourself. Then listen to it and try and find as many mistakes as you can. Now you're probably thinking: 

"No way I'm doing that, I don't have the time! or I just can't be bothered and it's probably no use at all!"

Well, it is entirely up to you, of course! However, it is quite surprising, since sometimes we think we said something when it actually came out of our mouths in such a different form. It is a mystery that hasn't been solved yet!

So I thought that maybe you could do with some practical and factual guidance as for what we expect from you in an oral exam. 

I selected this PRESENTATION from one of your fellow students, who gave a very well structured speech on Technologies, making the most of her three minutes.



As regards INTERACTION, one of the aspects that I've missed badly in your conversations has been SENTENCE FILLERS, so we will work on this in class.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy and share your ideas!